Monday, January 25, 2010

One more blogger

Ok, just this last one, No Impact Man. He's more extreme than just plastic, and I haven't read through all of it yet, but apparently he has a movie out.

All of this leads me to that Big Question that I have been trying to avoid thinking about, though. What difference does it really make? All of these people doing all of these eco-friendly things, and reaching out and inspiring other people to do do eco-friendly things. Does it have any sort of measurable impact? Does it make any difference whatsoever to the destructive impact humankind continues to have on a daily basis on the planet? Will it? Ever?

Fake Plastic Fish seems to believe it does. She certainly gives good reasons for personal changes in her most recent post. It's not that I don't agree with her, exactly. Obviously, I must, or I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing. I can't help still feeling ultimately powerless, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment