Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions and how easily they are broken

Well it’s been one day and I’ve already broken my New Year’s resolution.

Remove plastic from life, I said. Starting with the easy stuff: packaging. Then I went for lunch with my friend today and the sandwiches at the coffee shop were pre-made and wrapped in plastic. What can I say, I was hungry. I wasn’t going to NOT eat. Of course, we could have walked down the street to the other coffee shop where they make your sandwiches fresh to order, but I liked this coffee shop. It was quiet and we had a nice table by the window. The other place is always so busy you’re lucky to get a table at all, and it usually takes a good half hour, often more, to get your food. So I bought a sandwich. And a tea. And the tea bag came wrapped in plastic. Now, this is where I really failed. I had my choice between the Numi morrocan mint tea and the Mighty Leaf mint blend. Each were individually wrapped, but the Numi was wrapped in plastic and the Mighty Leaf was wrapped in the usual foil-like tea wrap. I didn’t even really think about it, I just wanted the Mighty Leaf flavour, so I grabbed it.

This may turn out to be harder than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment